Start A Career With Us!
Think you’ve got what it takes for a career with A1 Counting Solutions? The positions below are available now. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Database Administrator | Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
Please submit applications to email@example.com
Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
A1 Counting Solutions is based in Markham, ON, and offers custom-architected people counting/customer analytics systems and parking guidance platforms to facilities including shopping centers, casinos, transportation hubs/airports, office towers, and more.
Working with our Manager of Information Technology, the database administrator will design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune development and/or production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
Our ideal candidate has between 3 – 5 years’ work experience, preferably with some exposure to at least one of the verticals we serve, such as retail or commercial real estate environment and has good knowledge of Business Intelligence development/integration.
This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software, and also responsible for developing BI solutions including data warehousing, modeling, and reporting in MS SQL environment.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Implement database encryption and data encryption
- Develop a disaster recovery backup plan. Quick response to bring back database as it was at the failed point.
- Develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Develop data warehousing with SQL. Have skills in using SSIS and SSRS.
Succeeding as a Database Administrator will require the following core qualifications and skills
- University degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 – 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certified as an MCDBA or MCSD for .NET a plus.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting MS SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 and SSRS.
- Working experience with Oracle 11g, PostgreSQL and Hadoop is an asset.
- Good knowledge and experience of BI development. Exposure to Dundas BI tool is an asset.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required.
- On-call availability
What Our Customers Say
A1’s platform has significantly impacted our ability to assist shoppers at Yorkdale and Square One… The A1 team ensured a solution was designed specifically for each site.
A1’s parking guidance system was designed and integrated specifically for One York, and helps us to manage our capacity so that both income and parking experience are maximized.